WINTER pt.1 [ the prediction ]

Tuesday, September 29, 2009





More of nature's debris on man's road,
indicating the fall of summer and summoning of fall.
Swoosh swoosh becomes swoosh swoosh swoosh,
as nature's street sweeper cleans with one mighty breath.
I've been waiting for this since the end of it last year.
three hundred and some odd days and now the brisk cold air,
chills down my spine and yet the windows are still down welcoming the wind into my hair.


I wonder how this fall will turn to winter.
Will it be one snow storm til one white Christmas, 
or will it play the tease and lead me on?


I wonder how my heart will do this fall.
Will it be smashed under the rocks like the rocks under the snow,
or will I rise above defeat before too long?


Only time can tell,
only the rotation of our home can tell.
Only the few wise men can say if this will be the coldest of all winters,
or if we could put on our swimming trunks and dip into the warm pool of December.


At last, I believe I am one of those wise men,
as intuition has it, 
it is already telling me the story of this winter through the stories of last winters.
With each falling leaflet, comes a fragment of truth and imagination.
Each breath is followed by only sighs as it seems.


No more stressful than the last day, 
My pocket is still full with each pay.
Somehow the days seem to drag on, and the sad songs play on.
As I fight every urge of hibernation,
my heart leads me to the falling temptation.


This winter will be cold, and I'll be looking for shelter.
But I'll wear my coat and walk through the snow until I've found her.
Surely two of the four seasons can't be all that bad.
I could find pleasure in mother's gift.
Been through this before, so why should this time be any different...
Then I remembered... I've been through this before and this time won't be any different.
If the leaves will sway away from green, let them be the most beautiful colors we've ever seen.

If it will snow, let it be the whitest snow we've ever seen.
If it's going to be cold, let it be the coldest air we've ever tasted,
then maybe we can't stand being alone this winter, and look for eachother.

I will cry this winter, so that the tears fallen can freeze in the dead winter.
When the next sun shines, my frozen tears will shine for you to see.
Because when the sun fades away, I will be left here again.


I will cry this winter, so that the tears fallen can freeze in the dead winter.
They will fall to the ground and shatter for you to hear.


Before she disappears into the spring air, I will meet the queen of my winter.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ge i hope she hears and she sees...ill pray for you =]. ta yi ding hui lai de. just believe...^-^ zhe shi ni shuo de. Jia you!