Simply a feeling

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The night grows cold and what's left is the random patterns of tar on the concrete.
A place where the shadow of me is the only companion, the only real perception of me.
My friend created by the brilliance of the street lamps only to disappear with the coming of day,
a time when no more creature can roam freely without facing the might of man.

Back to the night time, a time where the sounds of animals in the forestry come alive.
Back to the right time, a time when the only sound I hear is the whisper in my ear.
I do miss it, more than anything, the slight downward curve that connects the dots that are your ears.
I do miss it, more than everything, the perched promise that speaks with no words.

As the legs grow heavy, I can only say, let's go, bring it home.
I speak to my shadow, but he seems to be hiding from me, making me truly, alone.
Under-estimated the harshness of the new world,
like opening a window then closing it, realizing the room just became stuffy.
And when you try to open the window again, you realized that it has been nailed shut.
So you try so hard to open the door to go outside but realized again that it has been nailed shut.

fuck.

Evaluating my options like any reasonable person would, the funny thing is,
a reasonable person wouldn't feel the way I feel.
That is funny, but for some reason I'm not laughing and still feel this way,
the sun is smiling as if mocking me, at my weakness as he continues to shine the day.

I've been plotting, and when night comes, this shit will be over.
I'll blow a hole in the wall and escape into the night, where I belong, outside.
Though safety becomes an issue, my spirit will be freed.

Next problem, that insomniac heart, the one that can't rest til he finds the best.
So he radiates out of my chest, making me the walking fire fly.
Out to search day and night, for the right one, for the only one.
He has been fooled no doubt, but he sure is persistent, and because of it is taking at toll on me.

But somehow, I like where he's going, and yet I don't know where he's going.
I dream about the final destination to get me through.
Finding the hope from anything, flowers and air that keep me dedicated.
Through the sea of fire flies I see myself in every one of them,
and yet we are so concentrated by the driving light of the heart,
we don't see much else around us.

So I wonder and wander into the night,
a place where nothing is wrong and nothing is right.
The only thing that will break me free from the romantic slavery is her.
I don't know where my heart is taking me, but it's to her.
To home, where I'll grow old and die.

And after death will be another journey, but this time with her right next to me.
But for now, this journey.

And I've been lying this whole time, the heart no matter what he does, is still my heart.
And my eyes are set, focused in.
Praying for the right calculations, I walk.. into the shadowy night.
If I could, I would fold the paper moon into a paper airplane and ride it to you.
From then on, we'd never come down.

Till that day, fight.. fight.. all for the the flight.


****sigh****

0 comments: