Maybe it's possible to never grow old.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A different setting from last week, and even the week before that.

It is quite empty and simple; I've torn the blinds down and removed everything from my wall to get it ready for painting a different color.  The color outside the window is a dim natural one.  Nothing much outside my window, just lot of trees.. in fact, that's all I see as I gaze out there now.  They're waving their arms, getting pictures taken by the photographer in the sky, they must feel alive when it rains.

Bach's Cello Suite #1 Prelude on repeat and this moment reminds me much of Pittsburgh.  The young days, the days where the only worries came from the toy in the cereal box and saving general green from the plastic tanks.

[ in pittsburgh ]
On Saturdays, my mom or sometimes my aunt would take me and my cousins, Peng and Liann to the Oakland district, where Pittsburgh University was located.  There was a children library, where I spent a very memorable portion of my days there, digging for an interesting read.. which meant at that time, something about spiders or penguins.  After that was the park, sometimes crowded, but some days, it was cleared out, no one there but us.  It felt like something has happened to everyone, but we didn't care.  All we cared about was how high we could get on that swing and how fast we could go down that slide.

Those were happy things about my childhood, and in fact, the first Saturday in Oakland, it was raining, and those are the only things I remember.. or maybe I want to remember.  Pittsburgh was my first impression of America for me, and it was beautiful.  The old, gothic architecture and aged bricks that held the buildings high even after all these years.  Later on, the drive home in the Lincoln, windows down, wind swoosh.. swoosh in my ears.  breezy feel on my face.  My eyes got dry from staring outside too hard, but once again.. I didn't care, this was too good to miss.

So when did I grow up?  Did I really grow up?  I think the day that I stop digesting my surroundings like it was the first time I've been there.. or when my life is completely dependent on what they think of me.. or when the rain can't comfort me anymore.  That is the day that I no longer wish to be "grown up". 



Oakland - Pittsburgh.

[ this is crazy.  i can see the front and back of my house.  it's pouring in the front, but nothing in the back!!! o wait.. there it goes ^_~Vm ]

forever young.

CHYEAAAAAAAAAA!!!~

1 comments:

Eric said...

forever young, props