Glory of Rome

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I drove home tonight on that same highway..


On that highway that I wished was at least reminiscent of infinity, on the highway of infinity, I could be fearless.  On that highway, I could be free.  Then I would look to the passenger seat and no one would be there.  I would turn around for a second and say "that was dope!" and no one would be there in the back seat either to agree or refute.


Is this how it is?  Is this who I am?  


I stopped at the light.  It didn't look like the past, it was a stern reminder that this is reality, this is my life as is.  Everything looked different.  The sway of the lamp posts in the wind seemed to shout "wake up" and every swooshing wind through the window was crying out for a change.


The glory that was Rome, is of another day.  Indeed.


I left my heart somewhere, I can't find it.  Even if I saw it sitting there in the plain open view, I don't know if I would be able to recognize it.


No, this isn't running away.  For once, I'll leave this all behind.  The tugs on my shirt and pant leg will bring warmth to my heart, but I doubt I will feel anything but the cool breeze of the highway.


Don't get it twisted, yall stamped my soul nice. yall stamped it with love. yall were real.  When the catalyst is remove, there is peace.


so, peace~

0 comments: