Friday, February 12, 2010
One night...
I want to sit on my bed by the open window in a cramped New York City apartment, smoke my cigarette, and gaze outside. The room would be small and just big enough to move around, but the queen size will always be empty.
Selina would drink from her bowl and hop on top of the queen to take her half. The breeze feels good up here. Not too cold like waiting for the taxi in the winter, or too hot like ... waiting for the taxi in the summer.
Purring.. Inhale.. Exhale.. Tires gliding down the street below.. Random cacophonies here and there.. Purring.. Inhale.. Exhale.. The wind as it flows through the leaves..
Inhale~ the world as I observed it, struggle to stay in the physical realm only to pray for salvation after this life. A little bit of hope as a man takes his $1 to the 7-Eleven and buys the losing lotto. A seductive little smile from the dam to the stranger walking by, as she hold the arm of her man. A little bit of nothing surrounds the man who sits by the dumpster with his beloved companion Sebastian, or so he thought, as Sly steals the bit of bread he had left and slips into the sewer grates.
Exhale~ The bright young minds discussing politics as they stroll into Starbucks passing by husband, wife, and baby Albert, who wears a bib that claims he is a "QT3.1416". Albert stares at the chocolate chip cookie dough cone the little girl in the yellow dress is holding in one hand. Her other hand is clenched tight by her grandmother. The smell of the perfume shop drifts over to the late night bakery.
One night...
I want to sit on my bed by the open window in a cramped Tokyo apartment, smoke my cigarette, and gaze outside. The room would be way too small for the queen size, but the twin size will always be empty.
~ @{---------
One day...
I will wake up to the sound of trees swaying calmly amidst the spring air, in a over sized master suite in a castle. There's enough room to fit a circus in here and the king size stays empty. As I slalom past the wine bottles towards the 10 feet tall French windows, the warm air grazes my cheeks. I sit on the stone balcony and over look the forest and lake, smoking my cigarette.
I don't hear anyone, just the sound of mother nature waking up.
"So Selina, you've been around the world and have lived in places like a busy big city to this serene get-away~ Which one do you like the best"?
She walks towards me, sits next to me.. Inhale~ she yawns big time. Exhale~ and rests her head on my leg.
Good answer Selina. We sat there until night came, where we will sit on my bed by the open window, I'll smoke my cigarette, and we'll gaze outside.

1 comments:
wow sounds like a beautiful beautiful life....with a bit of a lonely tint to it...will you be happy with only selina though?...or would you like tiffany to share the queen size bed with you too? lolz. I think you know the answer without me asking.
Post a Comment