Tuesday, February 2, 2010
I went for a walk.
On this bitter cold, feeling old, soul about sold night, I went for a walk.
I come to an opening in the grassy field. It was pure destruction. The very souls of the forest began to flea to escape their damned bodies. Tree trunks became branches became twigs became wood chips... Leaves became grass blades became nature's confetti. The rings of fire around my feet lit up the bits and pieces and they burned and flew away into the air like dying dreams. Everything I saw began to melt into the ground, turning this once peaceful grassy field into a marsh of darkness.
Then... something happened.
I look up to stop the tears from spilling out of my head and there it was. The moon as big as New York City. The moon with more shine than a diamond. The moon that touched me more than you did. I knew of nothing else but to walk towards it. As I got closer and closer, I felt lighter and lighter .. Soon, I was walking on air .. Still, walking, flying towards the moon. I'm so close I can touch it, the yellow moon. I look down at the place I had levitated from and it seemed calm. It seemed peaceful and recovering from the fire and shredding that almost ended its world. Everything is ok now.
I feel the glow of the moon on my face and I reached for the beauty. It was .. perfect. And the longer my hand stayed the dimmer the moon got and even when I took my hand off, the moon got dimmer, until there was nothing left but darkness. I could see my reflection on the surface of the moon and the flames still burning from the world below me.
so I flew away .. I found a place in the middle where I was neither closer to the moon or the grassy field. There .. the moon was brilliant again and the grassy field had sprouted new blades. All I could hear was the wind grazing the few trees still alive and the moon howling back at them in serenade.
This is where I was .. this is where I am .. just.

0 comments:
Post a Comment