EE Degree Put to Use

Monday, April 19, 2010

In analyzing the behavior of a system in engineering, we often examine its properties as we approach infinity, negative infinity, and zero.  These are the crucial points of any system.  These are the points of destruction or construction, of beauty, and of disaster.  Let's just think about the approach as limit is infinity.  Three things can happen:


1) Constant, exponential, or logarithmic growth.  However you put it, this is growth through infinity, and thus growth TO infinity.    


2) Diminishing behavior, where the entity will approach zero as time goes on, but never truly reach it.  


3) Stabilized behavior, where the value of the output of the entity stays a constant and will never change from its current state unless an eternal force is presented.


How about life?  In the midst of eternity, can we say anything about life itself?  Our consciousness is simply made up of some amount of voltage (far more complex i know, but this is what we understand scientifically).  When we die, this voltage is released into space and mended together with everything else.  As we approach infinity, this "consciousness" as we know it individually will slowly disappear, but it never reaches zero.  But this is just a theory, equally valid as the opposing argument, the one I prefer to believe in.


As our "souls", if you will, are released from our human bodies, it does not disappear, but rather forges with the rest of the physical word and thus giving us a great consciousness, a greater understanding of everything we've never known.  


But really, how can we make any objective statements about the supernatural or the metaphysical... All we know is how to live by the physical boundaries that were given to us, and yet, we try so hard to break free.  We try so hard to reach another level of existence.  And from that struggle came faith.  This faith to believe in whatever we believe in for our afterlives and never look another way.  


In a perfectly "logical" world, where there are no crimes, no unnatural deaths ... we wouldn't have .. feelings.  Because these feelings drive us.  They are the passion that drives us to kill, they are the desires that drive us to sin .. And so I close my eyes and picture this perfect world.. Afraid to fall into an eternal reverie of this perfect world, I open my eyes.  It took me a while to remember what I had realized at the end of the last summer.


I do want to be a God someday.  Sitting on my throne in the sky with my Goddess right by my side.  I will be there one day, but today, I am human.  I am fragile and no, I don't want another world, because there are more beautiful things here than I can ever experience in a lifetime.  The trees of the slowly fading old house waving goodbye.  The first car, the last car.  The trees of the new house waving hello.  I did accept it, I do accept it, I'm human and I love this world.  I love .. you.  Whoever you are, where ever you are, and if I've met you already or not.. Someday we'll enjoy our kingdom.  


So let's fall in love, let's travel the world, I'll show you the life of a God and his Goddess before they became divine.


~ heaven is boring .. i need you ~

0 comments: