Friday, October 16, 2009
[ Today, the company I work for held a worldwide internet conference, where colleagues from all around the world tuned in to listen to the CEO and his close staff speak ]
The importance of this meeting was not about what is happening or how is teh company's decision effecting me specifically, it was about how much hope the leaders of the company can give to everyone. Their smiles, led me to believe that they would end the meeting and go back to their offices and think about the tens of thousands whose lives will be changed forever. Mine can be one of them, maybe not, but there's a possibility. So while all the company's politics is on the runway and everyone is engaged speculating on where their role is in the near and distant future and if they would have to work elsewhere, I sit, dreaming. I sit and dream as I did last week and the week before that, about how everything can lead to anything.
The question that is on everyone's minds right now is simply, what's next (am I next)? Simple human characteristic of wishing for something they can't handle, asking for the future. So I zoom out into space again, looking at Earth from above. The calm and peaceful trades winds stretching from Asian to America, looks like the swirl in my coffee mug. The GREAT wall of China, nothing but an imperfection on my work shirt. Like a jigsaw puzzle, we go in close to fit 2 pieces together, and come back up to see the big picture just to zoom in onto the next 2 pieces. The beauty of zooming out at a time like this is that nothing seems to matter. The world is at peace, the world is one, and everything is together. The universe is quite and serene, even the sun is dim up here.
And now, we take a deep breath, brace ourselves for re-entry, and dive back down to Earth. A place where the most apparent useless decision will become your biggest enemy, a place where a helping hand could mean millions of government funding or 10 seconds of a stranger's time. This is where I live, Earth, a place of chaos and fighting, a place where love is everywhere but sometimes hidden. I love every second of it, and I love everyone living here. Out there in space, is where I spend my nights, dreaming away, Earth gazing... but this is where I live, my home, my planet. One nation, under the stars.

1 comments:
wow ge.....this was so moving....must be one of the best entries ive ever read....i know what youre talking of....and its a beautiful realization.....i think we should all just zoom out for a while and just....chill lolzz.......wow....i miss earth gazing.....lolzz been too consumed in my own little world....
Post a Comment